Friday, October 12, 2007

National Novel Writing Month - NaNoWriMo


I signed up for NaNoWriMo again this year. Last year I won. I made the 50,000 word count in 30 days. Of course, what I wrote was not worth saving.
This year I plan on winning again. When you win, you get a really neat certificate. I also rewarded myself with a HUGE coffee mug. And a tee-shirt that has typewriting fingerprints.
The best part of winning the NaNoWriMo or even entering and not quite making the 50,000 words is that you participated in something that thousands of others worked on. You have stretched yourself and accomplished something that millions of others never even tried.
This year I plan on starting my third novel, that is if I can get my current wip done. My new wip that will be written during NaNoWriMo is going to be about a prince with amnesia and a mermaid. It will involve seven vials and a moon called Aquilona.
Wish me luck. If you want to check out how I am doing you can go to www.nanowrimo.org and look up my writing stats.
Charlene Leatherman

No comments: